Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads quickly throughout, being absorbed into walls your property, floors, upholstery, and belongings, saturating everything in its path.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets and floors.
- Documents, photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
- Electronics in contact with the water are damaged.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants
ONE – Within one hour from the notice of loss, a SERVPRO Franchise Professional will contact you to arrange for service.
FOUR – Within four hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO Franchise Professional will be on-site to start mitigation services.
EIGHT – Within eight business hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the appropriate person.
*Exceptions may apply under certain conditions, such as a local catastrophic event or storm situation.
At the first sight of water damage, call SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County. We will come out in a timely manner and assess the damage.