When is Demolition Necessary for Flood Damage Restoration in Lockport?
SERVPRO in Lockport Can Assess and Conduct Controlled Demolitions in Flood Damage Properties to Accelerate Drying and Restoration
A flooded property contains vast quantities of moisture. There may be situations where demolition of a building assembly is necessary to restore the home. Demolition is used for contamination control which is a common symptom of floodwaters entering a building. However, demolition can also accelerate drying times in a property.
SERVPRO are experts at:
- Emergency services water damage
- Leaking roof from storms
- Basement flooding cleanup
Drying a property with flood damage in Lockport quickly can be valuable in terms of reducing loss. Secondary issues like microbe infestation or waterlogging can both occur if a property is incompletely dried. Since some materials can suffer permanent damage within a short space, speeding up the drying process through demolition can be essential.
- Carpet pads are typically inexpensive to replace and can be cut up and placed in double-sealed bags for disposal.
- Removing the baseboard of walls to ventilate wall cavities is essential once insulation gets wet.
- Sometimes total demolition of walls is a necessity to accelerate drying times, as stated by S500 guidance.
Quick-drying times lead to a faster restoration. Contact SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County for flood damage at (716) 694-7776.