What Methods are Used for Ridding a Lockport Home of Smoke Staining and Fire Damage?
SERVPRO Technicians Have Extensive Training in Chemical Applications for Fire Damage Restoration in Lockport.
Lockport is a popular staycation destination north of New York City and part of the Buffalo-Niagara County metropolitan area. Named after a series of five locks built at the Erie Canal intersection, the city has become a popular destination for families on a day out with its plethora of canal tours, underground passages, and a vibrant promenade. The central attraction is the historic Canal Street which is lined with restaurants, cafes, and bars. Guests can take a trip on some of the city's guided punting tours up and down the canals. The canal was initially built in 1838, and guests can take an underground boat tour to see the Five Flight Locks' construction, artifacts, and history.
Like much of the northern section of New York State, Lockport is a city that is built on agriculture. The climate's unique properties lend itself to the production of wine grapes, and there are many tours available for visitors across several of the most famous wineries. These tasting sessions cover transport and visitation to the Honeymoon Winery, Freedom Run winery, Springlake, and many more. During a weekend away trip, it is well worth heading toward the Lowertown historic district. Many of the properties here are listed with the national register of historic places. They include important sites such as the Western Block Company and Washington Hunt House, which were all established during the industrial era.
- Tourism is one of the primary industries in modern Lockport, which means there is no short supply of excellent places to eat. Lock 34 serves contemporary American cuisine and cocktails. The Hilltop Restaurant offers an elegant, refined dining experience, while Cammarata's is a 45-year running family-owned Italian restaurant.
- The Art Deco-designed Palace Theater on East Avenue is a shining example of modernist architecture, which also provides drama classes and education to the local community. Catching a play after perusing the Erie Canal outlets is a perfect way to end an evening in Lockport.
- The Kenan Center is a stunning arts, culture, and education center initially set up by philanthropist William Rand Kenan. The incredible property is stationed among 25 acres of landscaped gardens and hosts exhibitions, as well as shows, throughout the year.
SERVPRO Can Help to Remove Residue Staining through Expert Fire Damage Restoration
The central principle of removing stains is to understand that "like dissolves like." Greasy deposits, possibly caused by synthetic materials' burning, are best dealt with using a solvent cleaner. Dry deposits are usually water-based and can be cleaned with detergent.
We can assist with:
- Smoke remediation
- Fire and smoke damage restoration and cleanup
- Water fire damage restorations
Agitation of surfaces can help dislodge soots and can be carried out using hand-held wire brushes or machinery. However, an oil-based deposit does not respond to a water-based cleaning solution, no matter how much agitation is involved. SERVPRO technicians test soot deposits to discover the appropriate cleaning action.
- Hydrophilic and Lipophilic are terms used to describe the types of soiling caused by a fire.
- Hydrophilic soiling responds well to the introduction of water and water-based cleaning solutions.
- Hydrophobic soiling rejects water and must be cleaned using an oil-based cleaning solution.
For more advice on cleaning strategy for smoke residues, Contact SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County for fire damage restoration at (716) 694-7776.