Wishing you a fun and safe Halloween
Have a fun and safe Halloween! If you are still unsure as to what your plans are, some local events going on include:
Friday, October 28:
- St Marks , North Tonawanda Trunk or Treat 6:00-7:30
- St Francis Church- Tonawanda Halloween carnival 6:00-8:00 P.M.
Saturday, October 29:
- IDA Fritz Park , Lockport 3:00 P.M.-6:00 P.M
Safe Tips For Trick or Treating:
For young children, Halloween night is one of the best of the year. But trick-or-treating can be dangerous if kids and parents aren't careful.
- Plan a route in advance
- Wear comfortable footwear
- Stay well-lit
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors.
- Have kids carry glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- Make sure all costumes are short
- When selecting a costume, make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
- Avoid masks
- Check your child's candy
- Children under the age of 12 should not be alone at night without adult supervision. If kids are mature enough to be out without supervision, they should stick to familiar areas that are well lit and trick-or-treat in groups.
Drive Extra Safely on Halloween