How Should Water Damage Get Cleaned Up?
Lockport residents trust SERVPRO for rapid water damage response and proven techniques.
Located within Niagara County, New York, the city of Lockport got listed as having 21,165 people when the 2010 United States Census got taken. The city got its name from Erie Canal locks located in the area.
In 1816, the New York Legislature gave authorization for the building of the Erie Canal. The nearest settlers at that time were located in the Cold Springs area. Once the canal construction got proposed, many land speculators started purchasing large plots along the potential canal route.
Enjoying Time Experiencing Local Lockport Attractions
Not only will you find historical sites and museums in Lockport, but there are also several wineries and nature trails to explore. With all of the options in the area, there is something for everyone, including various family activities.
- Honeymoon Trail Winery – Not only can you come in here to sample a variety of wines, but there is also a shop on-site that carries a variety of specialty goods. There is also the opportunity to mix wine blends to come up with your own concoction.
- The Erie Canal Discovery Center – This destination offers guided tours as well as a small museum centered around the Erie Canal and all of the history of it. The staff on-site are friendly, ready to offer guidance and answers to questions about the canal and the region as it was getting constructed.
- Lockport Cave & Underground Boat Ride – If you are interested in learning the history of the locks and exploring the cave, then this underground boat ride and tour is just right. This is the perfect opportunity to dive a bit further into the history of the region along with the economic growth Lockport experienced through the years.
- Lockport Visitor Center – Not only can you learn about the area and find different must-see stops, but there is also a boat ride available that will take you up and down the locks. The visitor center is located in the local museum, making it a worthwhile trip where you can also learn more about the city.
Significant Flooding and Water Damage Events in Lockport History
The area of Lockport, NY, is no stranger to flooding and heavy storms. The earliest recorded event dates back to May of 1853, when heavy thunderstorms rolled through the region. The local historical society is also in possession of photos from the early 20th century showing flooding behind the F&M Bank building.
Water Damage Calls for Rapid Response and Attention to Detail – Trust SERVPRO with Restoring Your Lockport Home
There are several things that homeowners should know about the damage water can cause within your Lockport home. SERVPRO features skilled technicians with IICRC training to ensure your property gets the detailed attention it deserves.
The clock starts ticking once water damage hits your Lockport home. Secondary damage sets in if you wait too long, bringing the potential for mold colonization. Keep in mind:
- Pollution levels: Category 2 or 3 water brings harmful bacteria – which calls for specialized cleaning methods.
- Mold infestation: You have a 24 to 48-hr window from the saturation until mold begins growing. Once it starts, it multiplies rapidly.
Call SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County at (716) 694-7776 for help with rapid water damage mitigation and cleanup!