Burst Pipes Can Cause Serious Water Damage in Lockport
Water damage restoration in. your home is no easy task. SERVPRO has the manpower and equipment for any size disaster.
Lockport residents know they can call SERVPRO for water damage restoration.
Something as simple as burst pipes or basement flooding from a ruptured hot water tank can send homeowners calling for professional water removal services. When we receive an emergency call at 3:00 AM, several things happen to get the ball rolling.
Making You Feel at Ease
One of the main things we strive to do on an emergency service call is to relieve your stress and put you at ease. We provide professional water damage restoration in Lockport. Other purposes of the call include:
- Educating homeowners about what we are doing.
- Protecting the contents and structure from further damage.
- Extract as much water as possible.
- Begin the drying process.
- Avoid disruption to the homeowner’s daily life as much as possible.
Professional Water Damage Remediation
Burst pipes, ceiling leaks, and basement flooding can all require the intervention of a professional water damage company. We scope out the scene when we arrive and then put together a plan of action. Immediate mitigation is required to prevent secondary damage such as mold from occurring. If the moisture is not removed, it causes damage to structural elements and content. SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County provides water removal services that restore your home to preloss condition. Contact us at (716) 694-7776 for more information.
Flash Flooding Can Close North Tonawanda Businesses in a Matter of Minutes
Commercial buildings with water damage restoration needs, need the help of SERVPRO. We will be onsite and ready for action 4 hours of the initial call
SERVPRO provides flood damage service that helps North Tonawanda shops open up as soon as possible
Storms can cause flash flooding that sends massive amounts of water raging through local businesses. Safety is the main priority when dealing with contaminated water, and SERVPRO takes that very seriously.
Contaminated Water Emergency Services
When SERVPRO arrives at your business in North Tonawanda, flood damage control begins with emergency services. Our technicians perform the following actions:
- Address Safety Hazards – We post signs and wear the proper PPE. Tarp roofs, shut off utilities, and deal with any other immediate safety issues.
- Disinfect Impacted Areas – we spray an EPA-registered disinfectant directly on affected areas.
- Provide Containment – Not always needed, but we contain the contaminated water if there is a danger of it spreading.
- Remove Standing Silt & Debris - If necessary, we use shovels and rakes.
- Remove Excess Water – We remove it from carpeting and other flooring using the appropriate extractors.
- Evaluate Content & Structure – This allows us to determine if they can be decontaminated and restored or if they must be disposed of and replaced. Porous material typically needs to be disposed of when in contact with contaminated water.
This is just the beginning of what we do when we provide emergency services for water damage. Sewage cleanup is a must after flooding. SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County provides flood restoration to help you get back in business quickly. Contact us at (716) 694-7776.
Fire Damaged Homes in Lockport Need Professional Restoration
Professional fire damage clean-up is very important to the homeowners. SERVPRO takes pride in the work we do for all of our customers.
SERVPRO Provides Fire Cleanup Do Lockport Residents
When a fire occurs, using professional cleaning and restoration services such as SERVPRO often reduces the fire damage claim costs. Many companies replace everything, which is one of the leading insurance costs. Fire damage restoration services usually are a fraction of the cost of replacement or resurfacing.
Lessen Expenses with the Principles of Cleaning
When we arrive and begin fire cleanup in your Lockport home, our goal is always to restore whenever possible. There may be things we have to dispose of, but if we can restore them, we will. We restoring materials to preloss condition we follow the basic principles of cleaning:
- Locate smoke residue – we do this by carefully inspecting the affected area.
- Identify the type of residues – this is done, so the proper cleaning agent is used.
- Identify the surface type – which cleaning methods and agents get used are based on the type of smoke residue and the type of surface.
- Capture and remove residues – we use wet and dry cleaning processes to release and remove residue particles away from the surface.
- Dispose of residues – we properly dispose of all cleaning waste and debris.
Fire and smoke damage significantly impacts homes and can bring life to a halt. SERVPRO provides house fire clean-up that allows you to get back to normal as quickly as possible. For smoke remediation, contact SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County at (716) 694-7776.
What Equipment is Available for Mold Remediation in Lockport?
Mold will spread like wildfire within 24 to 48 hours. SERVPRO will be on-premise within 4 hours of the initial call.
SERVPRO Can Mobilize Leading Mold Remediation Equipment for Lockport Residents
The primary cause of black mold growth is moisture. It makes sense then that the type of equipment used to counteract a mold issue is drying equipment. Drying equipment comes in many shapes and sizes so that technicians can use them in any area of the home. It is crucial to have expertise in using drying equipment to remove mold.
We use drying equipment to cleanup:
- Black mold
- Black mold damage repairs
- Mold removal
Crucial to mold removal in your Lockport home is understanding how and where mold is found. To do so, we use measuring equipment. Mold colonies can release mycotoxins into an indoor environment. These can be in the form of odors, spores, or gases. Understanding the condition of the environment can help us to provide tailored remediation.
- Particle counters are tools that measure the condition of indoor air. High particle counts could necessitate air filtration and ventilation.
- An anemometer measures air movement and can be essential to ensuring the drying procedure is as efficient as possible.
- Hydroxyl generators help to clean contaminants from indoor air and are safe to use in an inhabited environment.
Expert mold remediation is available. Contact SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County specifying mold removal at (716) 694-7776.
When is Demolition Necessary for Flood Damage Restoration in Lockport?
When a storm hits and floods the house SERVPRO is the team to call right away. We have IICRC certified techs for any size disaster to your property.
SERVPRO in Lockport Can Assess and Conduct Controlled Demolitions in Flood Damage Properties to Accelerate Drying and Restoration
A flooded property contains vast quantities of moisture. There may be situations where demolition of a building assembly is necessary to restore the home. Demolition is used for contamination control which is a common symptom of floodwaters entering a building. However, demolition can also accelerate drying times in a property.
SERVPRO are experts at:
- Emergency services water damage
- Leaking roof from storms
- Basement flooding cleanup
Drying a property with flood damage in Lockport quickly can be valuable in terms of reducing loss. Secondary issues like microbe infestation or waterlogging can both occur if a property is incompletely dried. Since some materials can suffer permanent damage within a short space, speeding up the drying process through demolition can be essential.
- Carpet pads are typically inexpensive to replace and can be cut up and placed in double-sealed bags for disposal.
- Removing the baseboard of walls to ventilate wall cavities is essential once insulation gets wet.
- Sometimes total demolition of walls is a necessity to accelerate drying times, as stated by S500 guidance.
Quick-drying times lead to a faster restoration. Contact SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County for flood damage at (716) 694-7776.
What Methods are Used for Ridding a Lockport Home of Smoke Staining and Fire Damage?
Commercial fire damage is no easy task. Call SERVPRO and let their trained techs handle all the dirty work for you.
SERVPRO Technicians Have Extensive Training in Chemical Applications for Fire Damage Restoration in Lockport.
Lockport is a popular staycation destination north of New York City and part of the Buffalo-Niagara County metropolitan area. Named after a series of five locks built at the Erie Canal intersection, the city has become a popular destination for families on a day out with its plethora of canal tours, underground passages, and a vibrant promenade. The central attraction is the historic Canal Street which is lined with restaurants, cafes, and bars. Guests can take a trip on some of the city's guided punting tours up and down the canals. The canal was initially built in 1838, and guests can take an underground boat tour to see the Five Flight Locks' construction, artifacts, and history.
Like much of the northern section of New York State, Lockport is a city that is built on agriculture. The climate's unique properties lend itself to the production of wine grapes, and there are many tours available for visitors across several of the most famous wineries. These tasting sessions cover transport and visitation to the Honeymoon Winery, Freedom Run winery, Springlake, and many more. During a weekend away trip, it is well worth heading toward the Lowertown historic district. Many of the properties here are listed with the national register of historic places. They include important sites such as the Western Block Company and Washington Hunt House, which were all established during the industrial era.
- Tourism is one of the primary industries in modern Lockport, which means there is no short supply of excellent places to eat. Lock 34 serves contemporary American cuisine and cocktails. The Hilltop Restaurant offers an elegant, refined dining experience, while Cammarata's is a 45-year running family-owned Italian restaurant.
- The Art Deco-designed Palace Theater on East Avenue is a shining example of modernist architecture, which also provides drama classes and education to the local community. Catching a play after perusing the Erie Canal outlets is a perfect way to end an evening in Lockport.
- The Kenan Center is a stunning arts, culture, and education center initially set up by philanthropist William Rand Kenan. The incredible property is stationed among 25 acres of landscaped gardens and hosts exhibitions, as well as shows, throughout the year.
SERVPRO Can Help to Remove Residue Staining through Expert Fire Damage Restoration
The central principle of removing stains is to understand that "like dissolves like." Greasy deposits, possibly caused by synthetic materials' burning, are best dealt with using a solvent cleaner. Dry deposits are usually water-based and can be cleaned with detergent.
We can assist with:
- Smoke remediation
- Fire and smoke damage restoration and cleanup
- Water fire damage restorations
Agitation of surfaces can help dislodge soots and can be carried out using hand-held wire brushes or machinery. However, an oil-based deposit does not respond to a water-based cleaning solution, no matter how much agitation is involved. SERVPRO technicians test soot deposits to discover the appropriate cleaning action.
- Hydrophilic and Lipophilic are terms used to describe the types of soiling caused by a fire.
- Hydrophilic soiling responds well to the introduction of water and water-based cleaning solutions.
- Hydrophobic soiling rejects water and must be cleaned using an oil-based cleaning solution.
For more advice on cleaning strategy for smoke residues, Contact SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County for fire damage restoration at (716) 694-7776.
What Does Water Removal Entail?
Water restoration of any size is no DIY project. Hidden damages are found by the professionals at SERVPRO. Call now.
SERVPRO utilizes a plethora of water removal methods to achieve the best results in your North Tonawanda home
Whenever you have a water emergency in your North Tonawanda home, there are many steps to ensure everything gets cleaned up. Rather than taking the DIY route, our skilled water restoration technicians (WRT) at SERVPRO possess the training and experience to get it done for you in a fraction of the time.
Our detailed processes for water removal in North Tonawanda often includes:
- Pack-out/Move-out Services: When extensive extraction and cleaning is required, we can organize efficient packing and moving out of your contents to keep them from further damage.
- Emergency Water Removal: We remove excess water and utilize submersible pumps, industrial-grade wet/dry vacuums, and other tools to pull up standing water as quickly as possible.
- Carpet Inspection: If you have carpeting, we look at the carpet and the pad below to see if we can clean it or if removal is necessary.
You can always count on our Green Fleet to be fully stocked with the right tools and equipment for the job. Just a sampling of devices we may use for water removal projects include:
- Gas-powered and submersible pumps for handling high-level water and continuous pumping.
- Portable and truck-mount extraction units for faster, more efficient removal
- Hygrometers, moisture detectors, and other moisture-related tools to measure saturation levels.
- Infrared camera technology helps us located hidden moisture in ceilings and behind walls.
When you need rapid, efficient water removal, we are here to help at SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County. By calling (716) 694-7776, you will have a crew at your door and ready to get started within hours.
Flood Damage Cannot Wait – Call for Assistance ASAP
Flood damage caused by a storm is a job for a professional outfit. SERVPRO has the manpower and equipment for any size flood damage restoration job.
Lockport residents can count on SERVPRO for skilled flood damage restoration post-storm
Restoration efforts begin the very moment that you contact us at SERVPRO. We are available 24 hours a day to ensure our Lockport customers are not left stressed after flooding sets in. Our crews understand that even the slightest delay can boost the severity of damage and costs for repair.
We do several things when you call us in for flood damage in Lockport after a storm. These steps will generally include:
- Gathering all of your information, such as your contact details, address, insurance, details of the flooding, electricity, etc.
- Inspection of your property upon arrival to determine the scope of the damage, any hazards, etc.
- Identification of the source of incoming water so that we can stop it as soon as possible. We will also check for contamination levels.
- We survey all of the damage, perform a full safety inspection, and plan on moving or blocking furniture so that water extraction, drying, and restoration may begin.
- Water is removed using one or a combination of methods, including pumps, extraction tools, wet-dry vacuum, etc.
- If necessary, we will perform pack-out services.
- Carpeting, flooring, and other materials get inspected to determine salvageability.
- We can perform controlled demolition to remove and replace unsalvageable materials.
- Drying and dehumidification removes lingering moisture and restores relative humidity.
- Sanitization and deodorization keep foul odors, bacteria, and mold growth from festering.
SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County performs detailed monitoring at the end of the project, including floors and walls, to ensure the complete drying process. You can count on us 24/7 for flood damage assistance after a storm comes through. Call us at (716) 694-7776!
Your Lockport Home Deserves Skilled Restoration
When you need help with water restoration, SERVPRO is the team to call. Their IICRC certified technicians are ready 24/7 365 days a year.
Trust SERVPRO to handle all water cleanup within your Lockport residence.
Located in Niagara County in New York, the city of Lockport is named for the locks along the Erie Canal. With strong roots in the 1800s, Lockport is a modern-city that is ever-growing and changing with the times. Within the region, there are over 50 manufacturing entities along with over 800 commercial and retail establishments. As of the last decade, Lockport has become well-known for up-and-coming restaurants, pubs, wineries, and breweries.
The downtown area of Lockport, including Main Street, has been undergoing renovations as of late. The plans include building facelifts, new courtyards, and light fixtures with a historical feel. There are always new restaurants and businesses coming into town, all while keeping a lot of the beautiful green spaces throughout so that everyone can enjoy them.
When it comes to attractions, there is always a lot to see and do when visiting Lockport, including plenty of destinations for the entire family. Some of the more popular sites and activities in the area include:
- The Erie Canal Discovery Center
- Upside Down Railroad Bridge
- Lockport Visitor Center
- Rollin T Grant Gulf Wilderness Trail
Experiencing Local Flavors Throughout Lockport, NY
Whether you want to pick out a restaurant that features your favorite cuisine or you would like to hit a few local bars, Lockport is filled with a variety of establishments to suit a variety of tastes. You will never see a shortage of new experiences with various cafes, bars, pubs, and pizza joints. Some of the top eateries in the area include:
- Shamus Restaurant – This Irish-inspired restaurant on West Avenue features a full bar and an excellent menu filled with everything from burgers and shepherd’s pie to a rack of lamb or strip steak.
- One-Eyed Jacks – If you are looking for an excellent barbecue, then this restaurant located on S. Transit Road will fit the bill. The menu includes mouth-watering selections like buffalo chili fries, pulled pork, southern stew, beef brisket, ribs, and much more.
- Lock 34 Bar & Grill – Whether you are in the mood for a hearty meal or a selection of quick pub bites, you will find plenty to enjoy at this restaurant on Main Street. Top favorites on the menu include Bavarian pretzel sticks, crab-stuffed cod, brick oven pizza, and panko parmesan-crusted chicken.
- New York Beer Project – Come for the drinks but don’t forget to check out the menu at this bar and grill located on S. Transit Road. The menu includes options like New York chicken chowder, brisket melt, deconstructed chicken pot pie, and a full list of beers and craft cocktails.
SERVPRO Mitigates Damage to Your Lockport Residence with Proven Methods and Powerful Water Cleanup Equipment
With any water situation, it takes skilled technicians to ensure all moisture gets removed. Even if the cleanup seems simple, there can be hidden damage done to your Lockport home that could otherwise be avoided. SERVPRO features certified water restoration technicians (WRT) and industrial-grade equipment to get the job done right the first time.
To thoroughly handle water cleanup in Lockport and successful restoration, we usually employ the use of the following:
- Various capacity pumps, including submersible, truck-mounted, and handheld models
- squeegees and push brooms
- Fans, air circulators, centrifugal air movers
- Broad-spectrum antimicrobial cleaning products to help prevent mold infestation
SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County is well-versed in every aspect of water cleanup. When you need assistance at your property, call us 24/7 at (716) 694-7776 for rapid response.
What the Best Tools for Water Removal?
Water removal is no easy task. SERVPRO has the man power and equipment for any size job.
SERVPRO uses the latest water removal techniques and tools when called to your North Tonawanda emergency
Depending on the type of water we need to clean up at your North Tonawanda home, SERVPRO technicians may need to take additional safety precautions to avoid a variety of unsanitary contaminants. We arrive to assess the emergency zone, take note of the type of water, and determine which tools and equipment are best suited for the job.
When you enlist our help for water removal in North Tonawanda, we utilize:
- Basic tools to eliminate excess water – If the water level is low, we may use our industrial-strength wet/dry vacuums, mops, and squeegees.
- Professional water removal tools – With submersible pumps and truck-mounted extractors, we can remove hundreds of gallons of water in a short period.
- Moisture elimination equipment – It is imperative that moisture is found and eliminated. We use centrifugal air movers, axial fans, and dehumidifiers to restore relative humidity levels to normal.
- Tools that allow us to find and measure moisture – We ensure no dampness gets left behind that could lead to mold growth or secondary damage with the help of various meters and sensors.
Before finishing your water removal project, we take steps to sanitize and deodorize your interior thoroughly. This eliminates microbial growth and the potential for musty odor development. When all get finished, your home will be Certified: SERVPRO Clean!
Call (716) 694-7776 to have SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County dispatched to your home. We bring all the water removal tools, technology, and experience to get the job done right the first time.