House fires are caused by a number of things, such as lightening, brush fires, electrical shorts, candles, fireplaces, heaters and more. Fire damage is often doubled with water damage due to the fire fighters efforts to extinguish the flames.
Home fires are dangerous. The best precautions to take are having a plan in case of emergencies and having working smoke detectors in the home. A plan needs to be in place of how each person will get out of the house and where to meet in the event of a fire.
Fire is fast and deadly. The smoke is just as dangerous as the flames. Once you are outside of your home during a fire, NEVER re-enter the home. The smoke will make it hard to see and breathe. Wait for the fire department to do what they are there to do.
Should you experience a fire damage, give us a call. We are #HereToHelp.
We are here for YOU!
SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County offers specialty cleaning services ranging from cleaning office upholstery to making storefront windows crystal clear. We have the specialized training and products to get your commercial or residential property clean, safe, and healthy again.
A Clean Business Keeps Customers Coming Back
Your business represents you. A clean and attractive business keeps customers coming and leaves a positive impression. SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County wants every inch of your facility to sparkle and shine.
Our commercial specialty cleaning services include:
• Air Ducts and HVAC
If your HVAC has been operating for some time without attention, it could be circulating dust, pollen, odors, dirt, debris, and other contaminants.
• Biohazard and Sewage
SERVPRO is trained to safely remove biohazards and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations.
• Trauma and Crime Scene
Many times, crime and accident scenes have blood and other biohazard contaminants that pose a serious health risk. We will respond immediately and has the specialized training, protective equipment, and experience to safely clean trauma and crime scenes.
• Carpet and Upholstery
Even the highest-quality carpet and upholstery can show soiling over time. Protect your investment by calling us to clean and maintain your carpet and upholstery.
• Ceilings, Walls, and Hard Floors
Ceilings and walls are exposed to dirt and dust, pet dander, cooking oils and grease, cigarette smoke, and other contaminants. Your heating and air conditioning system can distribute these contaminants throughout your property.
• Odor Removal and Deodorization
SERVPRO teaches IICRC technical classes in the proper removal of odors. Masking and other short cuts don't work when your odor problem is serious or persistent.
Often simple acts of vandalism, like breaking a window, can cause significant water and mold damage if not addressed in a timely manner.
We’re Here Whenever You Need Us
The team at SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County also has specialized training and experience in water damage restoration services, fire damage restoration services, mold remediation, commercial services, and natural disaster cleanup.
Call SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara at 716-694-7776.
Back to School Cleaning
With the kids preparing to go back to school it's time for you to prepare for a quieter house.
It's the perfect time to deep clean your home and remove any stains from carpets, furniture or walls that might have occurred during summer break or from the cleaning you'd been planning since last summer.
From the carpets to the air ducts our skilled technicians here at SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County. Worth have the expertise to clean it all. Schedule an appointment today For a cleaning backed by state-of-the-art equipment, over 40 years of experience and Professionals trained to the highest standards, so that all the dirt you can see, and the dirt hiding under the surface can be swept away leaving a cleaner, healthier and fresh smelling home.
The holiday season is fast approaching. Don't wait till the last minute to schedule that cleaning before the in laws arrive.
Need Cleaning Services?
Call Us Today – (716) 694-7776
We are here to help 24/7!
Kitchen Fire : Pre- Mitigation
Aside from calling 9-1-1, which should be one of your first moves, here are some quick tips for dealing with a fire emergency in your kitchen.
- Always watch your cooking; don't leave anything unattended
- Set a timer so that you don't accidentally burn something or forget that an appliance is being used
- If something on the stove catches on fire and it is small, cover it with a lid and turn off the burner
- Keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen near your cooking area where it is easily accessible
- Add baking soda to a grease fire, not water
- Clean your appliances regularly so that grease does not accumulate and start a fire
- Clean and dust around and behind appliances, as dust accumulation can cause fires if it is close to electrical wiring
- Keep flammable objects away from cooking appliances, especially those things like tea towels and potholders
- Install a smoke alarm in your kitchen
- Test your smoke alarms and make sure they will work when you most need them!
Keep these quick tips in mind, and prevent a major fire damage emergency from taking place in your home this season!
Why Choose SERVPRO?
We understand you have the choice in deciding which restoration company you want when disaster strikes. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. SERVPRO of Easter Niagara County responds immediately and uses advanced equipment and techniques to remove the water quickly. We closely monitor and document the drying process to verify your property is dried properly and thoroughly.
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County is dedicated to responding immediately to water emergencies. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We're Highly Trained Water Damage Specialists
SERVPRO specializes in water damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have extensive water damage restoration training with an emphasis on monitoring and documenting the drying process until completion.
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technicians
We Use Advanced Water Restoration Equipment and Techniques
Our advanced equipment helps to detect hidden moisture, extract the standing water quickly, and thoroughly clean and dry your home and belongings. We finish the job with professional deodorization and sanitizing agents for your comfort and safety.
When disaster strikes your home or business, get the professionals. Call SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County today.
What Makes Mold Grow in Your House?
Molds are a type of fungus that naturally grow in many places, but inside your house they can pose a health risk and negatively impact air quality. Therefore, preventing mold in your house is important for the health and safety of your family and visitors who spend time in your home. The good news is that preventing mold is quite simple, and the key is controlling moisture and humidity in your house. So just why is your house so attractive to mold, and what can you do to stop it?
You Probably Have a Moisture Problem
Mold needs moisture to grow. Before it becomes the unpleasant, fuzzy patches of black mold, mold exists as invisible spores in the air. Those spores are essentially inactive until they come in contact with moisture, at which point they begin the next developmental stage and begin the dreaded black mold invasion. Common sources of moisture include:
Broken water mains
Leaking roofs and windows
Any one of these problems can be enough to prompt an outbreak of black mold inside your home. Getting rid of the moisture can help to cease the spread of mold, but it’s not enough to get rid of the mold fully.
How Do You Handle Mold Cleanup?
The safest option is to contact a mold remediation specialist here at SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County. Our mold remediation specialists possess the tools and knowledge needed to not only carefully remove mold from your surroundings, but also help you prevent it from reappearing. Working with our mold specialists can help you understand the type of mold that has taken root in your home and can often lead to identifying water damage or other issues that had previously gone unnoticed before the mold problem began.
While waiting for help to arrive, you can get a head start on disposing of contaminated materials and drying out saturated items. Do everything you can to contain the mold infection and prevent it from spreading further until it can be destroyed. For more information on mold remediation check out our website at www.SERVPROeasternniagaracounty.com or give us a call at 716-694-7776.
Commercial Specialty Cleaning
Our Team offers a variety clean up and restoration services. Many times our clients think of us for Fire, Water or Mold Clean up. However we have offer specialty cleanup services as well. Our Team has been contacted by Universities and Hospitals to assist in minimizing rapid spread of infectious illnesses. We have assisted in the containment of diseases such as the Norovirus, Scabies, and aggressive cleaning of Operation and Medical rooms to limit infection spread.
Our Team provided our client a plan of action based on their need, and worked in a professional and safe manner to successfully deliver the outcome needed. Every circumstance is different, please feel free to call our office for a Free Estimate or just to learn more about our services, capabilities and how we can help!
SERVPRO is READY 24 Hours a day, 7 Days a Week, 365 Days a year.
Grilling Safety this summer
Summer is the time for picnics, barbeques and plenty of delicious food; however do you know all of the safety measures you should take with your grill? Three out of five households own a gas grill. Each year an average of 8,900 home fires are caused by grilling and about 16,000 patients went to the emergency room because of an injury involving a grill. Wow, that’s a lot.
Most of these injuries and fires could have easily been avoided. So just in case, here are some tips on how to avoid injuries and fires while also enjoying those yummy summer-time meals:
- Keep your grill away from your home and deck railings.
- In order to safely turn on your grill, follow these steps:
- Open the lid before turning on the grill
- Turn on the propane tank
- Turn on the knobs of the grill burner
- Push ignition button (if you have one)
- If your grill doesn’t ignite, let gas dissipate for at least 5 minutes before igniting again.
- To turn off your grill safely, turn the gas tank off first in order to keep excess gas from leaking out.
And in case of fire damage, you know who to call: SERVPRO! 694-7776
Why SERVPRO? Because We Care!
At SERVPRO, our number one priority is to make our customers happy. It may sound like the impossible task; after all, we are arriving on the scene when circumstances for our customers are devastating. A fire in their home, a busted pipe which has caused water damage in their kitchen, mold in their office building. These are difficult situations emotionally which is all the more reason for our employees to be sensitive to what our customers are dealing with. Many times, depending upon the damage we are mitigating, we could spend days, weeks, or even months in customer’s home or office. We get to know our clients one on one. We get to meet their children. We get to hear about their families. We know their pets’ names. We know where they leave the key in case they are not there. We get to know them by carefully handling all of their cherished possessions, sometimes cleaning them and packing them away until their homes are restored. At the end of the day, we are just people helping people. That’s what it’s all about. Sometimes that means stopping what we are doing and having a cup of coffee or dinner with our customers if they ask.
What a beautiful thing to see! Why SERVPRO?? Because we care about our customers...And they know it! Let us be the one you call when your life gets flipped upside down.
Call us 694-7776
Here at SERVPRO we talk about protecting your home frequently. Our hope is that we can help you prevent most disasters and recover quickly from those that you can’t anticipate. We want where you live to be safe and healthy, but what about the home you can’t replace? Taking care of your body is even more important than homeowner tips, and that starts with your skin.
Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the US. More than 3.5 million skin cancers in over 2 million people are diagnosed annually.
One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime.
Over the past 31 years, more people have had skin cancer than all other cancers combined.
Skin cancer isn’t reserved for the tanning bed regulars or the fair skinned. That being said, I just wanted to pass along some information from the Skin Cancer Foundation on how you can protect your skin in the midst of all these summer activities (and even in the off-season).
Use a sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher whenever you spend time outdoors.
- This applies to all outdoor activities: athletics, shopping, picnicking, walking or jogging, gardening, even waiting for a bus.
- Use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every day. For extended outdoor activity, use a water-resistant broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Apply liberally and evenly to all exposed skin. The average adult in a bathing suit should use approximately one ounce of sunscreen per application. Not using enough will effectively reduce the product’s SPF and the protection you get.
- Be sure to cover often-missed spots: lips, ears, around eyes, neck, scalp if hair is thinning, hands, and feet.
- Reapply at least every 2 hours, more often if some of the product may have been removed while swimming, sweating, or towel-drying.
- Choose a product that suits your skin and your activity. Sunscreens are available in lotion, gel, spray, cream, and stick forms. Some are labeled as water resistant, sweatproof, or especially for sports; as fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, or especially for sensitive skin or children.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants. Tightly woven fabrics and dark colors, such as deep blue and black, or bright colors, such as orange and red, offer more protection. If you can see light through a fabric, UV rays can get through too. Water makes fabrics more translucent, so do not rely on a wet T-shirt.
- A broad-brimmed hat goes a long way toward preventing skin cancer in often-exposed areas like the neck, ears, scalp, and face. Opt for a 3-4 inch brim that extends all around the hat. Baseball caps and visors shade the face but leave neck, lower face, and ears exposed.
- UV-blocking sunglasses with wraparound or large frames protect your eyelids and the sensitive skin around your eyes, common sites for skin cancer and sun-induced aging. Sunglasses also help reduce the risk of cataracts later in life.
Seek the shade.
- Be aware, however, that sunlight bouncing off reflective surfaces can reach you even beneath an umbrella or a tree. Never seek a tan.
- There is no such thing as a healthy tan. A tan is the skin’s response to the sun’s damaging rays.
Stay away from tanning parlors and artificial tanning devices.
- The UV radiation emitted by indoor tanning lamps is many times more intense than natural sunlight. Dangers include burns, premature aging of the skin, and the increased risk of skin cancer.
Protect your children and teach them sun safety at an early age.
- Healthy habits are best learned young. Because skin damage occurs with each unprotected exposure and accumulates over the course of a lifetime, sun safety for children should be a priority.
SERVPRO of Eastern Niagara County cares about YOU!